In this technology-driven world, where we cannot work without computers and smartphones, our health is at risk. Reports from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP) suggest that approximately 20% of the public has experienced neck pain that won’t go away, in the past three months. So the public needs to know what remedies can be followed to fix the crick in neck?
Neck strain is usually caused due to muscle stiffness which is an indication of weak muscle. Muscles weaken due to wrong sitting posture or prolonged use.
When considering the reasons that may cause neck pain, we should consider our daily activities. Working on the computer system all day can exhaust and overstress the muscles surrounding the neck joints. Also, driving for long hours or using a smartphone for unmonitored periods can cause neck pains. And if you ignore the causes and continue the same activities, you may damage your neck joints.
How to Avoid Neck Pain That Won’t Go Away?
While there is no alternative to working on the computer systems, we can at least make some lifestyle changes to avoid neck strains so you must know how to avoid neck pain that won’t go away in Fort Worth Office as these can go a long way in avoiding crick in neck rather than relying on medications. Some of the important ones have been discussed below:
Reconsider Your Sitting Posture
You must be aware of the right sitting posture while working for long hours. This will save you from health issues. The right posture is that your shoulder is aligned with your hips, while your ears need to be coordinated with your shoulder joint.
Correcting Desk Furniture
Experts suggest that your computer system should be straight in line with your eye level. You should be able to maintain a straight posture and avoid slanting and bending your head down or sideways. If you follow a bad sitting posture for too long, you can even develop a nerd neckor a forwarded head posture.
Hence, it is very important to have proper workplace. If your desk is too low, you must consider raising its level. And if the desk monitor is high, then you should lower it. Also, you should adjust your chair to ensure that your knees are placed just below the hips.
Use Headphones or Phone Speakers
If you place your neck in a difficult position, you might experience muscle tension. Some of the mistakes we make while using phones include holding your phone between your ears and shoulder or looking down to text. So, the best solution to this is wearing headphones or phone speakers as an alternative.
Traveling in the car or working on a desk or chair for long hours can be highly stressful. In this scenario, you must take frequent breaks. It would be ideal if you got up after every hour, walk around and stretch your muscles. Some stretches have been discussed below.
Proper Stretching and Management
If you want relief from a crick in neck or a stiff thoracic spine, then you must practice proper stretching and management. Some of the recommended exercises by experts to avoid neck discomfort include:
– Rolling shoulders rearward and down at least 10 times
– Cuddling shoulder blades together at least 10 times
– Pushing the head rearward into the car seat headrest for at least 30 seconds
– Drive your ear to each shoulder at least 10 times
– Chin tuck exercises at least once or twice a day
If you are carrying a heavy handbag, you should not place the burden on one side of the body. It will help if you shift shoulders so that the weight is equally divided between both sides. Excess weight can cause neck tension.
Support Your Body While Sleeping
Your head must be in line with the body while sleeping. For this, you can place a minor pillow beneath your neck. If you place some pillows beneath your thighs, it will align your spine muscles. Apart from this, a proper sleeping posture is also important which has been discussed below.
Correct Your Sleeping Postures
If you are experiencing neck pain that won’t go away, you should consider correcting your sleeping postures. Experts suggest that you should always sleep on the side of your backbone and avoid sleeping on the stomach. The reason is that when you sleep on your stomach, your head is twisted on the right or left side for long hours. Also, this wrong posture can affect your low back as your tummy descends into the bed if you lack adequate support.
Simple Home Remedies to Fix a Painful Neck
If you are experiencing minor neck pain that won’t go away, then you must try these simple home remedies:
– Rub the affected area with ice or heat. It is recommended to use ice for the first 48 to 72 hours and then shift to heat. To apply heat, you may take hot showers or use a warm wrap or heating pad. It would be best to avoid sleeping with an ice bag or heating pad as it may result in skin injuries.
– You may consult your doctor for pain killer medicines.
– You should not restrict motion, but avoiding jerk or pain aggravating activities is prohibited. This helps reduce symptoms and regulate inflammation.
– Slow-motion exercises like moving the neck up-and-down, from right shoulder to left shoulder, and right to left. Stretching of neck muscles can get rid of crick in neck.
– Gentle massage of the affected area is a highly recommended remedy
– Either remove the pillow or use a special neck pillow while sleeping
– Choose a firm mattress for sleeping
– Use a soft-neck collar to let go of discomfort. You must consult your doctor before using the neck collar and discuss the duration of use as well. Prolonged use of neck collar weakens the muscles.
If these remedies do not relieve your neck strain and discomfort, you must consult your doctor for medical advice.
Premier Pain Center
If you are unsure how to fix a crick in your neck in Fort Worth Office, you must contact Premier Pain Center for expert advice.