Treating Shoulder Pain in Richardson
Possible Causes Behind Shoulder Pain
The shoulder is actually a collection of joints, tendons, and muscles that allow your arm to move in a variety of ways - from scratching your back to throwing the perfect pitch. The cost of mobility, however, is high. Consequently, you may experience pain or instability in your shoulder due to impingement or instability of soft tissues or bony structures. Your shoulder may be painful only when you move it, or it may be painful all the time. Symptoms of pain can range from temporary to persistent, and may require medical treatment and diagnosis.
Call us at 469-562-4188 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
The most common causes for knee pain include:
- Dislocation – When you pull back your shoulder too hard or rotate too far, your arm may pop out. Your shoulder will be painful and weak. Bruising, swelling, and numbness are also common symptoms.
- Separation –A shoulder blade injury occurs when the collarbone meets the shoulder blade. Acromioclavicular (AC) is the name of this joint.
- A fall or hard blow may cause the ligaments holding the joint together to tear. A bump will appear on the top of your shoulder if your collarbone is out of place.
- Fracture. Falling or taking a hard blow can cause a bone to break or crack. Broken clavicles and humeruses (bones closest to the shoulder) are most often the result of an accident. Bruises and pain will be experienced as a result. It may be impossible for you to lift your arm.
- Cartilage Tear – A shoulder injury can result from an injury to the cartilage (the rubbery padding that surrounds the joint rim). Performing the same motion repeatedly may result in this condition. If you fall or your shoulder absorbs a significant amount of force, you may also damage it. Symptoms of this type of injury may include pain when reaching over your head and a weak shoulder. Furthermore, it may feel as if it is locking, catching, or grinding.
- Rotator Cuff Tear – Consequently, your joint has a limited range of motion due to this condition. An abnormal tissue growth (adhesions) within the shoulder joint prevents your shoulder from moving freely. As a result of pain or surgery, you may not use your shoulder as much, allowing adhesions to form.
- Frozen Shoulder – – This is a muscle tear or muscle tension in the back thigh. Symptoms may include biceps femoris, semimembranosus, or semitendinosus.
- Impingement – As a result of pinched rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder bones, this condition develops. Swelling and pain may result from this condition. Lifting your arms over your head frequently may cause this problem.
- Bursitis – Repeatedly repeating the same movements can result in swollen and inflamed bursae (a fluid-filled sac that cushions your joints). A fall or another injury may also result in this condition. Your shoulder may be most painful when you move it if you have bursitis.Other causes of shoulder Pain Decatur are:
- Osteoarthritis – Degenerative joint disease is the most common form of arthritis. In addition to your shoulders, other joints may also be affected. A breakdown of cartilage causes the bones to rub against one another. As a result, pain and stiffness may occur.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – As a result of this condition, your immune system attacks the protective lining of your joints.Additionally, you may experience Shoulder Pain Richardson and stiffness as a result of this condition.
- Referred Pain – You may experience Shoulder pain Fort Worth even if there is nothing wrong with them. If you experience these symptoms, you may have problems with your liver, gallbladder, or another organ.
- Heart Attack – If you experience Shoulder Pain North Richland Hills , difficulty breathing, or a tight feeling in your chest, you should seek immediate medical assistance.
- Tendinitis – Inflammation of the rotator cuff occurs when the tendons making up the rotator cuff become inflamed.The condition may develop slowly over time or after a fall or a direct blow to the shoulder.
- Bone Spurs – These small, smooth bone fragments, also called osteophytes, rub against the rotator cuff and cause it to wear. This prevents your shoulder from moving as it should. As a result, tendinitis or tears of the rotator cuff may occur.
- Deep vein thrombosis – This is a type of knee blood clot that causes soreness, swelling, and exhaustion. If you are at a mature age, obese, a smoker, or have a sedentary lifestyle you may be vulnerable to DVT.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
The sudden onset of left shoulder Pain Lancaster may be indicative of a heart attack. If you experience sudden pressure or crushing pain in your shoulder, or if you experience shortness of breath, dizziness, or sweating, you should contact 911 or your local emergency number. When your shoulder is swollen, bruised, or bleeding after a severe injury, go to the hospital's emergency room. If you experience any of the following symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider:
- Shoulder pain Farmers Branch with fever, redness or swelling
- Shoulder mobility problems
- Pain that persists after home treatment for more than two to four weeks
- Shoulder swelling
- Shoulder skin that is red or blue in color
Treating Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain Corsicana can be treated in a variety of ways.
- Physiotherapy – Physical therapy and modification of activities that aggravate your pain are among the first treatment options.Physical therapy is intended to address problems such as stiffness and weakness. The treatment will also involve retraining actions or movements that were aggravating your shoulder in your sport, at work, or on a daily basis. By doing so, you will be able to resume your previous activities whenever necessary.
- Heat and cold packs – are capable of providing temporary relief from pain and stiffness.
- Medication – hillsboro such as paracetamol, anti-inflammatories, and low dose paracetamol can help control pain while maintaining and regaining movement and function. Please consult your physician if you have high blood pressure, kidney disease or heart disease, before taking these medications.Shoulder Pain Hillsboro should not be treated with medication on a long-term basis. Your physician should be consulted if you experience persistent pain. The doctor may recommend a corticosteroid injection if the pain persists.
Although all medications have side effects, most people are able to tolerate an injection to reduce their pain while they recover. A repeat injection may be necessary depending on your circumstances. Keep a pain diary to monitor the effectiveness of your treatment. Depending on the results, you can determine if other treatments are necessary. Frozen shoulders may benefit from hydrodilation. This procedure involves injecting fluid (saline and steroids) into the joint.There is evidence from a number of studies that this treatment reduces symptoms and improves range of motion. As a follow-up to treatment, physiotherapy can provide further improvements.
Be Persistent And Seek Care
Even though shoulder pain Waxahachie is common, it is imperative that they are treated as quickly as possible. Your nerves will usually heal and all symptoms will be relieved in most cases. Do not stop physical therapy or other treatments if you no longer experience symptoms. A numb shoulder will not occur again as a result of this procedure. Be aware of your symptoms and do not ignore them. You should see a doctor if you experience numbness in your shoulder, arm, hand, neck, upper back, or shoulder blade.
Premier Pain Centers
Patients with severe muscle pain can obtain high-quality medical treatment at the Premier Pain Centers in the United States. In order to achieve its mission, the organization provides comfort and peace to its members. As a one-stop medical clinic, we are committed to providing patients with highly qualified, experienced physicians who can treat their pain effectively. In addition to interventional pain management, physical therapy, and therapy management, we offer comprehensive patient care. A comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments is available at Dr Ali Pain Management for knee conditions such as inner knee pain caused by running.
If you would like to schedule an appointment , please do not hesitate to contact us.